Whether you want to reduce the carbon footprint of your food consumption, or are interested in donating your time to a local organisation, there are plenty of ways for individuals to get involved with Cambridge Sustainable Food:
- Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter, which provides information about events in Cambridge, updates to our campaigns and local sustainable food news.
- Take a look at our ‘What is sustainable food?’ pages, and think about how you could make your diet and lifestyle more sustainable.
- Volunteer with us! Sign up to our volunteer mailing list below and join our Facebook group for volunteering opportunities. Read about some of our current volunteers and their roles here.
- Get involved with or volunteer for other community food projects.
- Become an intern with us.
For other great opportunities, with us and other organisations working to promote sustainability, see http://www.environmentjob.
Current Volunteer Opportunities with CSF
We run a range of different awareness-raising stalls throughout the year and are always looking for volunteers. Depending on the event, we focus on a range of issues such as food waste, healthy and sustainable diets, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions via food consumption choices. We often have tasters, freebies and activities for children.
If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please contact Bev (email@example.com), or sign up to our volunteer mailing list below for updates!
During the summer and throughout the year we take on interns, who get involved and help with a wide range of activities, projects, campaigns and administrative duties. The internships are for a minimum of eight weeks, for four days a week. This role is unpaid, but on work days the intern will receive a free lunch, and a contribution may be made towards travel and/or accommodation expenses. Please see here for more details or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Volunteering Opportunities
At Cambridge Sustainable Food we sometimes have other volunteering opportunities including working with businesses (volunteers need some business experience), doing research for the website and projects, as well as website editing and managing social media. If you have experience in any of these fields and would like to get involved, please contact Bev on email@example.com.