Peanut Butter is a fantastic source of protein and healthy fat. It is also a more sustainable fat than butter, but try to buy a natural peanut butter which is unsweetened and palm oil free for a truly guilt-free spread. If you don’t have much time, these flapjacks don’t have to be baked, but they are nicer when they have a crispy top. You could try to substitute in coco pops and chocolate chips to make these a chocolatey flapjack treat.
75g crispy rice cereal
150g porridge oats
75g brown sugar
100ml golden syrup
125g crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180’C and grease a 23x30cm baking tray
- Combine the brown sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until just boiling, and then remove from heat
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth
- Pour over the cereal, oats and sultanas, and mix well.
- Press into the prepared dish using the back of a large spoon
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, when beginning to brown
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
You can find the original recipe here