- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 300g caster sugar (Original recipe uses 400g)
- 250g grated courgette
- 375g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 325g fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly grease four mini-loaf tins (approximately 14.5×7.5cm, or 5 3/4 x 3 in). If you do not have mini loaf tins, you can use two 900g (2 lb) loaf tins instead.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar. Fold in the courgette. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, bicarb and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf tins.
- Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the centre of a loaf comes out clean. If using two loaf tins, bake at the same temperature, and increase baking time by 10 to 20 minutes. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Before adding the blueberries to the cake mixture, first toss them in a bit of flour to coat. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake.