- 375g Beetroot (cooked, NOT pickled)
- 300ml Sunflower Oil
- 5 Eggs
- 275g Plain Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 110g Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- 200g Sugar
- Couple of drops of vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 175o.
- Puree the cooked beetroot with the oil.
- Whisk the eggs into the beetroot puree.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and add to puree.
- Line and fill a 2.5 litre tin and place in the oven for 1 ½ hours (cover for the last 15-20 minutes so that the cake does not burn).