Still stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Take a look at some of our suggestions below, all linked to sustainable food!
- Give homemade gingerbread. Use festive cutters and place in a hand-decorated box, and voila, a simple present made with love. By making treats from scratch, you can cut out a lot of unnecessary sugar that is in bought goods.
- Buy a gift voucher for an Organic Veg Box. The Cambridge Organic Food Company deliver boxes of local, organic fruit and vegetables right to your doorstep and you can buy gift vouchers here, with special offers for Christmas.
- If you want to buy chocolate, the Divine Chocolate range offers a delicious Fairtrade option. Opt for dark chocolate for a healthier option.
- Alternatively, support local independent shops and cafés. Arjuna Wholefoods on Mill Road sell a range of ethical and organic gifts, and Urban Larder have put together wonderful, unique food hampers for Christmas.
- Give a practical present with a Vegetarian Society 2017 Calendar. The mouth-watering photos of various veggie dishes shown for each month can be replicated with the recipe given. The calendar is also printed on 100% recycled card, so is great for writing all your important dates on!