• First Cambridge Pumpkin Festival 23rd October to 7th November– as part of our Love Food Hate Waste campaign – see below – we will need volunteers in different roles:
• distributing brochures and posters around Cambridge from September 28th
• helping with events both beforehand, during and after (launch event 23rd October, stalls in the Market Square 24th and 31st October, lunchtime cooking workshop 29th October)
• liaising with other participating organisations
• taking photographs at events
See here for a list of all the events.
- volunteers to be part of our campaigns teams in 2015 – we are running a major Love Food Hate Waste campaign during 2015, with lots of stalls at public events and some family cookery workshops. We need more volunteers for several stalls between July and December. These stalls are great fun to participate in and feature various interactive games for children and adults on the themes of food waste and healthy and sustainable diets. We also need cake-makers, as one of our most popular activities is “guess the secret vegetable ingredient!”. See here for dates of events coming up – and there will be more.
- website volunteer – we need someone to enter events onto the website and to create and post member profiles for the “Who’s involved?” section, using WordPress.
If you feel that one of these opportunities could be right for you (or have other ideas about how you might help), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.