1. Share the results of your food waste measurement with your staff. The three day and seven day waste calculators and Wise up on Waste app shows your data in a series of handy charts, for quick and easy communication.
2. Ask staff for their ideas on how to reduce food waste.
3. Build an action plan. Include your team’s ideas and check out our top tips on how to reduce food waste, redistribute surplus food and recycle what’s left. You can download a template action plan here.
4. Develop a food waste policy to show your staff and customers your commitment to tackling food waste. Check out our template policy, which can be adapted to your business.
5. Deliver the actions in your plan and add new ones to keep the momentum going.
6. Measure your food waste regularly to see the results of your actions and keep your team motivated.
7. Share your successes with your staff, customers, social media followers and Cambridge Sustainable Food to encourage other businesses to follow your lead! #TasteNotWasteCambridge