The Tesco ‘Bags of Help’ grant scheme awards schools, NHS projects, local authorities, charities, resident groups, churches, libraries, children’s centres etc. with funding between £1000 and £5000 from the sale of carrier bags. The scheme has been used to fund thousands of local projects in communities right across the UK with projects being voted for by Tesco customers. The project that receives the most votes is awarded a grant of £4000, second place receive £2000 and third place receive £1000.
You can find out more about the scheme here
- Developing nature trail in a local park or nature reserve
- Purchasing bee hives and seeding wildflower meadow on a community allotment
- Providing forest school sessions in a primary school for 12 months
- Developing a garden in a hospice, purchasing plants, benches and pergola
- Supporting artist in residence to work with the community to develop an art trail.
- Setting up a growing project for sheltered accommodation residents
- Supporting a gardening project which helps local isolated residents form a gardening club
- Supporting practical training for young people learning horticultural skills
- Funding a series of summer events in a local park
If you are a Tesco customer and know of any local project that may benefit from the scheme you can nominate a community project here.