Local businesses that provide healthy and sustainable food play a vital role in our city’s sustainable food economy. Cambridge Sustainable Food supports them in the following ways:
- We used sustainable city funding from the council to run a project encouraging local food businesses to sign CSF’s food charter, reduce food waste and sign up to the city council’s food waste collection service.
- Our sustainable food directory lists local suppliers.
- Open Farm events are promoted in our newsletter and website.
- CSF has a longer-term project to bring local food producers and businesses into one facility, forming a Food Hub.
- As part of Eat Cambridge 2015, CSF organised a Sustainable Restaurant Showcase; you can read more about that under the ‘Catering and Food Procurement’ heading.